Customer Service Specialist (Part Time) - Remote
We are hiring our first customer service specialist. To date, customer service at AnyList has been handled 100% by the founders of the company, but as we grow, we need your help to continue providing truly excellent support to our customers!
As a small company, we believe that customer service and support are critical to our success. Unlike some companies that make it difficult to get in touch with a human, we encourage our customers to contact us, and we view each interaction as an opportunity to turn a customer into a fan. You will work directly with the co-founders of AnyList to ensure that our customers receive outstanding support.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. We'd like you to work for at least an hour or two each weekday, but there will be opportunities for you to work more if you'd like, and time off can be accommodated.
AnyList is the best app for creating grocery shopping lists and collecting and organizing your recipes. Lists can be easily shared with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone's iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC. We've been featured by Apple in the App Store numerous times, and have been recommended by The New York Times.
What you'll do:
- Answer customer inquiries via email, using our help desk software. (All support is handled via email. You won't need to answer a phone.)
- Create new canned replies to speed up our responses to frequently asked questions, and create new support articles for our knowledge base that demonstrate how to use AnyList.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by customers and identify and triage bugs in the app.
If you have any questions about this position, you can get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Empathy, positivity, and patience. Even when a customer is rude or doesn't understand something that seems simple, you'll need to stay upbeat and work to make sure the customer's concern is addressed.
- Excellent English language writing skills and the ability to construct clear explanations.
- Ability to be productive while working remotely with minimal supervision.
- A working understanding of iOS and web apps, and the ability to use help desk and other office productivity software.
- A willingness to prioritize your work schedule when necessary, such as immediately following a major app update when the number of incoming support requests may spike for a week or two. The ability to answer a few urgent support requests on the weekends would also be nice, but is not a requirement.
- Flexible location. You can work from home, or anywhere with an Internet connection. Want to work from the beach? Be our guest. :-)
- Flexible hours. We estimate that this job will require 10 - 20 hours a week, depending on our incoming message volume and the amount of responsibility that you wish to take on. While we'd like you to work at least an hour or two each day, you'll have flexibility in your exact hours.
- Competitive hourly rate. We're looking for an individual who will make the extra effort to delight our customers, not the cheapest warm body we can find.
- No corporate bureaucracy. We're a small company, and you'll be working directly with the founders.